Strawberry Banana Smoothie
1 Cup Strawberries
1 Large Banana
1 Cup 1% Milk
Chop banana into bite size pieces, add strawberries and milk place in a blender. Ice can be added for volume and to chill.
Southwest Corn and Rice Salad
2 cups long grain rice. cooked
1/4 cup lemon juice
4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1 cup can corn rinsed
1 green ball pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 can (15oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup diced onions
1/4 cup dried cilantro (optional)
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Skillet
2 Tbsp olive oil
1lb canned chicken, drained and rinsed
1/2 medium yellow onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup uncooked white rice
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
2 cups (low sodium) chicken broth
1/2 cup sour cream
11/2 cups shredded cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute` the chicken with the garlic and onions, until the chicken is browned and the onions are tender (about 5-7 minutes).
2. Add the rice, Italian seasoning, frozen peas and carrots and chicken broth to the skillet. Cook for about 18 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in the sour cream and 1/2 cup of the cheese until combined. Top with the remaining cheese. Cover with the lid for an additional 2 -3 minutes, until the cheese melts, (or) optionally, you can place the skillet under the oven's broiler for about 2 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted.
1. Whisk lemon juice and 3 tablespoons oil in a small bowel
season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add
corn, black beans, onion and bell pepper. Saute' until
vegetables are just tender, 5-7 minutes.
3. Scrape into a large bowl. Add rice, cilantro and dressing;
toss to coat.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled.